One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet neither public policymakers nor the controversialists who harass them can reasonably expect to enter a new year without making some kind of assessment of what the next 12 months may hold.’
- ‘There is something about the Hitchens family that breeds controversialists with deft pens.’
- ‘In 1906, Catholic controversialist Hilaire Belloc was running for a seat in the British House of Commons.’
- ‘But there was another side to this English poet, novelist, journalist, biographer and controversialist.’
- ‘Of course I'm a professional controversialist but, once my copy is filed, I'm invariably the person at any gathering murmuring, ‘Oh, let's just agree to disagree!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.