One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course I'm a professional controversialist but, once my copy is filed, I'm invariably the person at any gathering murmuring, ‘Oh, let's just agree to disagree!’’
- ‘But there was another side to this English poet, novelist, journalist, biographer and controversialist.’
- ‘Yet neither public policymakers nor the controversialists who harass them can reasonably expect to enter a new year without making some kind of assessment of what the next 12 months may hold.’
- ‘In 1906, Catholic controversialist Hilaire Belloc was running for a seat in the British House of Commons.’
- ‘There is something about the Hitchens family that breeds controversialists with deft pens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.