One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rod of a neutron-absorbing substance used to vary the output power of a nuclear reactor.
- ‘Because of its neutron-absorption capacity, gadolinium is used in the manufacture of control rods for nuclear power plants.’
- ‘The valve includes a valve body for closing or opening the control path; a control rod; and a rod passage receiving the control rod.’
- ‘Replacing the water heater's magnesium corrosion control rod with one made of aluminum or another metal may improve the situation.’
- ‘The critical factor here is the setting of the rear control rod, which checks the toe-in.’
- ‘This property is utilized in control rods of nuclear reactors, which regulate the number of free neutrons passing through the reactor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.