One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance introduced into a part of the body in order to improve the visibility of internal structure during radiography.
- ‘Also, this method does not require a physician to administer the contrast medium.’
- ‘This allowed for studying of any impact of the washout of the contrast medium from the blood pool.’
- ‘When contrast medium is used, adjacent vascular structures can be identified.’
- ‘The only complications that may arise from a CT scan are related to the contrast medium.’
- ‘You may swallow the contrast medium, insert it as an enema or receive it as an injection into a vein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.