One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Again, contrarily, it's one of his less memorable films.’
- ‘It has been said that today print culture is in decline, but contrarily, the book industry has grown in the late twentieth century.’
- ‘Or, contrarily, are there any contemporary film-makers whom you would single out as people whose attempts to shock have failed?’
- ‘I wanted also, contrarily, to join the services when I was old enough, before I was called up at eighteen, so as to do my bit in the war effort.’
- ‘Quite contrarily, these films were among the more popular.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.