Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a condition or circumstance) suggest or indicate that (a particular technique or drug) should not be used in the case in question.
- ‘The vaccine is contraindicated in pregnant women, children under the age of six years, and immunocompromised patients.’
- ‘Immuno deficient people and those for whom vaccine is contraindicated can also be helped.’
- ‘Immunization during pregnancy is contraindicated because the effects on the fetus are unknown.’
- ‘This drug is also contraindicated in children with anorexia nervosa, bulimia, or epilepsy.’
- ‘In these situations oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are contraindicated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.