One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for counterfactual
- ‘I'm under the impression that contrafactual definiteness and locality then are logical contradictions so thus not logically possible as well as physically impossible.’
- ‘This paper uses a contrafactual methodology to examine the effects of railroad mergers on the level of railroad costs.’
- ‘A larger lesson of contrafactual history is that it tests the robustness of both the past and of our explanations.’
- ‘There are two ways in which contrafactual definiteness could be false, for there are two parts to it.’
- ‘If a veil of ignorance about the facts, which permits them to make this contrafactual supposition, were not operative, it is thought that they would not agree to become participants in the social contract.’
- ‘Arguments like those about hidden variables and contrafactual definiteness are philosophical.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.