One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Education provided for adults after they have left the formal education system, consisting typically of short or part-time courses.
- ‘The university received the tuition money and provided continuing education units.’
- ‘One way to extend your professional shelf life is continuing education with short courses taught by experts in the field.’
- ‘Both were ordered to take continuing education courses for a year.’
- ‘Budget pressures have pushed many hospitals to scale back training and continuing education.’
- ‘Its distance education and continuing education programs have reached a wide range of students across the country.’
- ‘Commercial entities exist to make a profit, and they are driven to exploit what they see as a huge market in continuing education.’
- ‘I recommend they go to a community college or continuing education course to learn how to run a business.’
- ‘It provides the latest developments in continuing education and workforce development.’
- ‘A smart option is to let your current continuing education students help decide the content of your Web site.’
- ‘Several nurses called to find out information on continuing education courses.’
- ‘Talk to your current continuing education students or work with a skilled media planner.’
- ‘Essentially, there are two broad groups of people who take continuing education classes.’
- ‘It certainly is a challenging time for continuing education professionals.’
- ‘To say continuing education is important for golf course superintendents is an understatement.’
- ‘Many states have very strong continuing education associations that provide great benefit to their members.’
- ‘These are staffed by trained health workers supported by a system of continuing education.’
- ‘The school wishes to plan for the future and to respond to the needs of the community in regard to adult and continuing education.’
- ‘There are continuing education courses, personal trainers, committees, and councils to fuss over.’
- ‘That's the number of Americans expected to be involved in adult or continuing education by the year 2004.’
- ‘Also affecting any continuing education curriculum are the various code changes in the works.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.