One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A relatively dry climate with very hot summers and very cold winters, characteristic of the central parts of Asia and North America.
- ‘The animals became extinct at the end of the ice age because the climate changed to a more continental climate, with colder winters and warmer summers, and drier conditions.’
- ‘The temperate continental climate in the center of the country, with long warm summers, relatively mild winters, and high rainfall, is favorable for agriculture.’
- ‘Belarus has a temperate continental climate, with a mild and humid winter, a warm summer, and a wet autumn.’
- ‘The inland region has a continental climate with very cold winters, hot, humid summers, and spring and autumn seasons that are often rainy.’
- ‘Burgundy enjoys a continental climate with dry, cold winters and hot, sunny summers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.