1The fact or manner of being woven or linked together to form a connected whole.
- ‘The equipmental contexture of cycling is the surroundings and circumstances that my cycling commute brings forth.’
- 1.1A mass of things interwoven together; a fabric.
- ‘Advantageously, the sealing elements may be formed from material contextures, such as knitted wire cloths, wire contextures, fiber contextures, woven fabrics, ceramic fabrics and the like.’
- 1.2The putting together of words and sentences in connected composition; the construction of a text.
- 1.3A connected literary structure; a continuous text.