Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The fact or manner of being woven or linked together to form a connected whole.
- ‘The equipmental contexture of cycling is the surroundings and circumstances that my cycling commute brings forth.’
- 1.1A mass of things interwoven together; a fabric.
- ‘Advantageously, the sealing elements may be formed from material contextures, such as knitted wire cloths, wire contextures, fiber contextures, woven fabrics, ceramic fabrics and the like.’
- 1.2The putting together of words and sentences in connected composition; the construction of a text.
- 1.3A connected literary structure; a continuous text.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.