One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that expresses happiness or satisfaction.‘he sighed contentedly’
- ‘Behind him is a large wagon, with an old horse contentedly grazing near it.’
- ‘There's a dog sleeping on my stomach, snoring contentedly.’
- ‘Even in traffic, the engine saunters along contentedly at low revs, keeping fuel consumption down.’
- ‘Some wind chimes tinkle in the breeze, and a woman babbles contentedly in Japanese.’
- ‘The couple contentedly settled down for the winter in a small town in the Alps.’
- ‘Whether you laugh contentedly or scratch your head may depend on how accustomed you are to making up your own mind about things.’
- ‘He plays the part of Frank, a successful dentist who's contentedly boring.’
- ‘He contemplated living like this forever, lounging contentedly in the sun to the rhythm of the girl's dance.’
- ‘By midsummer, she was swimming contentedly with members of her pod.’
- ‘Humming it to herself, contentedly, she fell asleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.