One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I looked back at her and, through the tears in her eyes she smiled her contagiously peaceful smile and, once more, reminded me why it was so difficult to have broken up with her.’
- ‘These endophytes are not known to spread contagiously but instead are disseminated through seeds and by vegetative growth of the host.’
- ‘Equipped with tongue biting one-liners, he is contagiously energetic.’
- ‘Abby giggled contagiously; a sweet sound that reverberated through the dim white room.’
- ‘What the critics said: ‘Gibson seems all but inflated with helium throughout, which contagiously lifts everyone else around him.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.