One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for making and breaking an electric circuit.
- ‘A combination circuit breaker/motor starter includes a circuit breaker trip unit having a microprocessor and at least one removably connectable contactor or other functional module.’
- ‘Rewire the ignition switch so that it can turn on all the new equipment, including the contactor.’
- ‘That Sunday, our electricians discovered the external-power contactor, installed in 1983, had broken.’
- ‘The plasma contactor system safely grounds the station from this high voltage, protecting it from arcing, which could severely damage its surface.’
- ‘After two weeks of scrubbing the aircraft for causes, the problem was traced to a loose wire in the back of the emergency-battery contactor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.