One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for making and breaking an electric circuit.
- ‘A combination circuit breaker/motor starter includes a circuit breaker trip unit having a microprocessor and at least one removably connectable contactor or other functional module.’
- ‘Rewire the ignition switch so that it can turn on all the new equipment, including the contactor.’
- ‘That Sunday, our electricians discovered the external-power contactor, installed in 1983, had broken.’
- ‘After two weeks of scrubbing the aircraft for causes, the problem was traced to a loose wire in the back of the emergency-battery contactor.’
- ‘The plasma contactor system safely grounds the station from this high voltage, protecting it from arcing, which could severely damage its surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.