Navigation of an aircraft by the observation of landmarks.
- ‘Provided that he was sticking to contact flight rules, the pilot had a visual horizon.’
- ‘In this contact flying configuration, high asperities are trimmed by the burnishing pads while low asperities are not.’
- ‘They still had some of the contact character, and I witnessed more than one example of my captain abandoning the instruments and going down to contact flying.’
- ‘He was on a mid-stage, day contact flight out of the field.’
- ‘Descend in accordance with contact flight rules to Los Angeles.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.