One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in an economy where the desires and needs of consumers control the output of producers.
- ‘There is no consumer choice and no consumer sovereignty.’
- ‘The theoretical advantages of consumer sovereignty are clear; but there appear to be transaction costs in switching from the devil one knows.’
- ‘There is, however, an additional important element that is critical if monetary calculation is to operate in a way most consistent with consumer sovereignty - sound money.’
- ‘Our mission is to establish a worldwide consumer cooperative and to reassert consumer sovereignty over capitalism.’
- ‘More serious, the application of consumer sovereignty to real world producers cannot rely on their objective actions, but must probe into their subjective intentions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.