Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The situation in an economy where the desires and needs of consumers control the output of producers.
- ‘The theoretical advantages of consumer sovereignty are clear; but there appear to be transaction costs in switching from the devil one knows.’
- ‘More serious, the application of consumer sovereignty to real world producers cannot rely on their objective actions, but must probe into their subjective intentions.’
- ‘There is, however, an additional important element that is critical if monetary calculation is to operate in a way most consistent with consumer sovereignty - sound money.’
- ‘Our mission is to establish a worldwide consumer cooperative and to reassert consumer sovereignty over capitalism.’
- ‘There is no consumer choice and no consumer sovereignty.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.