One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Electronic devices such as televisions, computers, or smartphones, bought for personal rather than commercial use.‘they are the leading manufacturer of consumer electronics’as modifier ‘the consumer electronics industry’
- ‘Domestic same store sales fell 2 percent, while sales in consumer electronics fell 2.5 percent.’
- ‘Many of the country's consumer electronics giants are now has-beens.’
- ‘The consumer electronics company is a true innovator, with some wild products that define new markets.’
- ‘The relentless drive toward lower prices for televisions and other consumer electronics has had a chilling effect on innovation across the industry.’
- ‘Each year in Germany consumer electronics manufacturers come together to display their wares at IFA.’
- ‘He commented that consumer electronics is effectively entering the third industrial revolution, which will be based around mass customization.’
- ‘Mobile connected devices were the most popular consumer electronics.’
- ‘The findings also suggest that smartphones and tablets were the most purchased consumer electronics devices.’
- ‘Clothing, followed by consumer electronics, were the most popular items purchased this weekend.’
- ‘The Boston-based firm just released data that says that the consumer electronics market should see a little upswing at some point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.