One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The casual, almost formulaic, reference to the fact that this was Galba's second consulship certainly prompts a reader to wonder about his first.’
- ‘These families, known as the nobility, dominated access to the consulships; between them they held over 80% of the consulships in the last century of the Republic.’
- ‘There was then a gap of 12 years - he was posted to New Delhi - before he returned to take up the consulship in 1999.’
- ‘The highest offices, the two annual consulships, were almost exclusively held by an even smaller group within the senatorial class, and its families possessed special prestige.’
- ‘For while Cicero claimed his consulship in 63 B.C., only 14 years later Julius Caesar would cross the Rubicon with his legions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.