One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of thick colored paper used for making models, designs, and other crafts.
- ‘Let the children use construction paper, markers, crayons and paint to create flowers to decorate it.’
- ‘Finally, we mounted the designs on black construction paper.’
- ‘Let your child dip his paint brush into the starch, and then brush it onto their construction paper (they will want to cover the paper with the starch mixture).’
- ‘A variety of papers are needed, such as construction paper, tissue, magazine pages and so on.’
- ‘The brayers will come in handy when decorating craft bags, construction paper, wrapping paper, stationery and much more.’
- ‘Store your children's artwork including construction paper and crayons in one of the bins.’
- ‘Make templates of cars, cut models from construction paper or cardboard, and decorate them.’
- ‘He has typically made art out of ‘everyday’ materials - hair, toothpaste, construction paper, plastic bags.’
- ‘On small patches of coloured construction paper, you can find names that have gone unspoken for decades.’
- ‘Make teacup invitations cut from white paper or make giant strawberry invitations, from red construction paper, and decorate.’
- ‘For this art project, students first selected a background color of construction paper that was to their liking.’
- ‘Book artists may use handmade papers, archival art paper, construction paper purchased in bulk or no paper at all.’
- ‘Paper bags, wallpaper, construction paper, newspapers and magazines all come into play as wonderful woven artworks take form.’
- ‘Fold a piece of heavy red construction paper in half, cutting a smaller piece of pink paper for the front just like we did with the candy cane heart.’
- ‘Designs were transferred to quarter-folded, high-quality construction paper.’
- ‘Youngsters will also learn to draw simple shapes with special crayons formulated specifically for use on construction paper.’
- ‘Bake a few batches of cookies that your child can lovingly decorate and wrap with colored plastic wrap and ribbons; or create thank-you cards on regular old printer paper or construction paper.’
- ‘Experiment with other types of papers or colored construction paper.’
- ‘Tables were designed with black construction paper (at this point, the table was not glued down, but was put in position and traced).’
- ‘He worked with children while he was there, bringing crayons and construction paper - items that were banned under the sanctions - to encourage younger children to draw stories of their lives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.