One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of thick colored paper used for making models, designs, and other crafts.
- ‘He has typically made art out of ‘everyday’ materials - hair, toothpaste, construction paper, plastic bags.’
- ‘Youngsters will also learn to draw simple shapes with special crayons formulated specifically for use on construction paper.’
- ‘Let the children use construction paper, markers, crayons and paint to create flowers to decorate it.’
- ‘Make templates of cars, cut models from construction paper or cardboard, and decorate them.’
- ‘Tables were designed with black construction paper (at this point, the table was not glued down, but was put in position and traced).’
- ‘For this art project, students first selected a background color of construction paper that was to their liking.’
- ‘Let your child dip his paint brush into the starch, and then brush it onto their construction paper (they will want to cover the paper with the starch mixture).’
- ‘On small patches of coloured construction paper, you can find names that have gone unspoken for decades.’
- ‘Book artists may use handmade papers, archival art paper, construction paper purchased in bulk or no paper at all.’
- ‘A variety of papers are needed, such as construction paper, tissue, magazine pages and so on.’
- ‘Designs were transferred to quarter-folded, high-quality construction paper.’
- ‘Paper bags, wallpaper, construction paper, newspapers and magazines all come into play as wonderful woven artworks take form.’
- ‘Store your children's artwork including construction paper and crayons in one of the bins.’
- ‘He worked with children while he was there, bringing crayons and construction paper - items that were banned under the sanctions - to encourage younger children to draw stories of their lives.’
- ‘Bake a few batches of cookies that your child can lovingly decorate and wrap with colored plastic wrap and ribbons; or create thank-you cards on regular old printer paper or construction paper.’
- ‘Experiment with other types of papers or colored construction paper.’
- ‘Finally, we mounted the designs on black construction paper.’
- ‘Make teacup invitations cut from white paper or make giant strawberry invitations, from red construction paper, and decorate.’
- ‘The brayers will come in handy when decorating craft bags, construction paper, wrapping paper, stationery and much more.’
- ‘Fold a piece of heavy red construction paper in half, cutting a smaller piece of pink paper for the front just like we did with the candy cane heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.