One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who advocates or acts for the protection and preservation of the environment and wildlife.
- ‘We have teamed up with experts and conservationists to help preserve the skeleton for crucial scientific research.’
- ‘Generations of conservationists and environmentalists have reinforced these views.’
- ‘Pity the turtles and cherish them, for they too are on the conservationist's list of vulnerable species and in danger of extinction.’
- ‘But conservationists see this as a smokescreen, saying that no other wildlife are targeted in this way.’
- ‘The plan is signed by eminent ecologists and conservationists from around the world.’
- ‘Why do some conservationists still not embrace the sustainable use paradigm?’
- ‘The conservationist movement was not, however, as democratic as Roosevelt believed it to be.’
- ‘It is easy to understand why conservationists and wildlife lovers have been beating a path to the company's door.’
- ‘As mountain gorillas are susceptible to human diseases, conservationists had feared the worse.’
- ‘What rancher or federal manager would listen to the management suggestions of a conservationist who advocated no grazing?’
- ‘Those, then, are some reasons why good farmers are conservationists, and why all farmers ought to be.’
- ‘At the turn of the century, misled conservationists would have had us forego the joys of a Christmas tree.’
- ‘As a consequence, serious conservationists should be praising their work.’
- ‘Every picture is accompanied by a deep caption, with unashamedly conservationist warnings about ecological threats to the planet.’
- ‘They are also at the heart of what American conservationists have fought to preserve for more than a century.’
- ‘The speed restrictions have also been supported by conservationists, anglers and wildlife experts.’
- ‘The decision to become a wildlife conservationist was accidental.’
- ‘I am a conservationist and a farmer, a wilderness advocate and an agrarian.’
- ‘It's ironic that a conservationist should so smugly place his own interests above the lives of the animals he destroys.’
- ‘In doing so, he does a disservice to the conservationist community, American Indians and native peoples everywhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.