One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sequence of DNA having similar structure and function in different organisms.
- ‘Asterisks indicate nucleotide sites in accordance with the consensus sequence of group I introns shown at the bottom.’
- ‘In the aligned sequences below, nucleotides identical to the consensus sequence are indicated by periods.’
- ‘The consensus sequence was found on four chromosomes.’
- ‘DNA variations are shown after strain names, and dots indicate nucleotides identical to the consensus sequence.’
- ‘For each gene, a consensus sequence was generated and compared to each individual sequence, excluding indels and/or missing data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.