One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I admire her conscientiousness as she carefully shops for fresh food and, then at home, washes all the fruits and vegetables she buys for at least 20 minutes prior to their cooking.’
- ‘Indeed, the case was run upon the basis of good conscience to insist on our legal rights, when in all reality the facts reveal that in terms of conscientiousness the applicants themselves are not painted in a good picture.’
- ‘Later, she struck me with her conscientiousness, perseverance and even doggedness.’
- ‘After all, part of his or her vocation is to tend the sick with care and conscientiousness, not just cure disease or prolong life.’
- ‘Why does conscientiousness continue to increase well past adolescence, unlike other personality characteristics?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.