One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who conquers a place or people.‘a people ruled over by a foreign conqueror’figurative ‘a chance for revenge against his Olympic conqueror’
vanquisher, defeater, subjugatorView synonyms
- ‘The challenge of dislodging the conquerors would be extreme and casualties massive.’
- ‘In the office they were conquerors; outside, they were under siege.’
- ‘When we deplore the conqueror's extreme brutality, we must remember that all great warriors of the times were brutal.’
- ‘Until 1773, at about the time the Spanish conquerors arrived, Antigua had been the capital of Guatemala.’
- ‘After being narrowly beaten in the first race, the second day he was the first to congratulate his conqueror in the moment of victory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.