One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I felt this market was conquerable,’ he responds, ‘so I was on my white horse trying to prove I could sell through this.’’
- ‘The greens have long been the defence of Augusta, but now they seem conquerable.’
- ‘It raises fundamental questions about extending significantly the human life span or even (for some true believers) recasting aging as a conquerable disease.’
- ‘And because it is a tiny island, it is conquerable, it is yours.’
- ‘But I think that the digital divide is conquerable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.