One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And off they go and connubially link themselves without even having the banns read.’
- ‘Boys and girls, now connubially linked, escape at last on the very final page.’
- ‘Many of them, upon arriving in the United States, chose to attach themselves to the community, religiously, connubially, geographically, or occupationally, expanding its size even further.’
- ‘I don't use this phrase to condemn anyone who becomes connubially blissful, by the way.’
- ‘I like to think of myself as an easy-going, connubially minded sort of chap, so I'm always disturbed by my response to this.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.