One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why is a curatorial project in feminist revisionism, buttressed by scholarly discussions of Victorian domesticity, gender identity and literary culture, enveloped in a thick mantle of connoisseurship?’
- ‘It's the kind of connoisseurship you can feel good about: unlike some wines and good coffees, artisan cheese is decidedly anti-corporate, produced by co-ops and small dairies, often by very few people or families.’
- ‘Renowned for his visual acumen and connoisseurship, he grew up in Paris and New York, the son of a scholar of medieval church history.’
- ‘Experience can contribute to connoisseurship, but only if the consumer tastes with attention and an open mind.’
- ‘When I argue that your connoisseurship or aestheticism are suspect and insist on my own highly materialist readings of things, it does not mean that our field is in disarray.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.