One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A language that has been artificially created; a constructed language.‘these conlangs help us understand the essential components of a successful language’‘Klingon is a difficult conlang to master’
- ‘Would a Mass be valid if it were said in Klingon or some other such conlang (constructed language) like Tolkien's Elvish?’
- ‘I gave them a Conlang (which was HARD), I gave knowledge about their technology, origins, species types, leadership.’
- ‘GenreTainment chats with an expert in Conlang (Constructed Languages) who created the Dothraki language for HBO's Game of Thrones.’
- ‘The game not only showcases these languages in all their variety but provides an incentive to learn another conlanger's conlang.’
- ‘Lojban is a team effort of the Logical Language Group, Inc., and is one of the most thoroughly worked out of conlangs.’
- ‘One does not normally think or speak in one's conlang, much less speak to another, except through a laborious process of translation.’
- ‘A conlang is defined by its system of grammar, not its lexicon.’
- ‘It has been a very satisfying hobby for me, although I am just now beginning to thoroughly formalize my disconnected ideas into my first conlang.’
- ‘Valdyan has a Website with almost as much information about the 'conculture' as the conlang.’
- ‘The conlang will have irregular plurals, too, by targeting certain nouns and making their plurals irregular in some way.’
1990s: short for constructed language.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.