Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye.Also called pink-eye
- ‘When caused by viruses or bacteria, conjunctivitis is highly contagious.’
- ‘A less common but more serious viral conjunctivitis is herpes simplex infection.’
- ‘Newborns with chlamydial conjunctivitis or pneumonia require up to 2 weeks of antibiotic treatment.’
- ‘This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.’
- ‘Mast cell stabilizers may also reduce inflammation associated with hay fever and allergic conjunctivitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.