One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A visit to a prisoner, by the spouse of the prisoner, especially for sexual relations.
- ‘The bills would give lesbian and gay couples rights equal to heterosexuals in areas such as pensions, tax treatment, and conjugal visits in prison.’
- ‘Prisoners, even life prisoners with no privileges of conjugal visits, have been held to have a constitutional right to marry.’
- ‘One time we got to spend one Christmas on a conjugal visit before they took conjugal visits away from lifers.’
- ‘Yes, our wives would visit us, but not in the sense of a conjugal visit, where you can have physical contact with them.’
- ‘The film uncovers a world where prisoners are largely self-governing; conjugal visits are permitted, and the cells are as vivid and colourful as the prisoners they confine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.