One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Agreement or harmony; compatibility.‘the results show quite good congruence with recent studies’
compatibility, consistency, conformity, match, balance, consonance, rapport, parallelism, congruityView synonyms
- ‘That is, in order to be homologous, structures must satisfy the tests of similarity, congruence and conjunction.’
- ‘From coincidence, to congruence, to harmony, to synergy, the two films have to stand the new ground that they cut.’
- ‘Until now America has never had an almost complete congruence between ideological and party identities.’
- ‘More momentously, geometric proofs are guided by our deep ability to see points, lines, shapes and their symmetries, similarities and congruences.’
- ‘High interpersonal congruence should foster harmonious and productive interactions for at least two reasons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.