One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Belonging or relating to a national legislative body, especially that of the US.‘the document surfaced in a congressional hearing last year’‘our congressional correspondent is standing by’
- ‘The vice president voted against congressional resolutions in the 1980s calling for the release of Mandela.’
- ‘We had the distinct pleasure of hosting our congressional representative, who presented the check.’
- ‘The overseas invasion is poised to draw attention away from failed domestic policies, the stock market plunge, and tense congressional contests.’
- ‘Congressional investigators are starting to re-examine the entire matter.’
- ‘Sufficient congressional support for additional income support appears secure.’
- ‘The former chairperson had fought numerous congressional attempts to cut funding to the agency.’
- ‘A news media event was followed by a congressional staff briefing.’
- ‘Domestic security is now a distant fifth in the list of top issues in the upcoming congressional races.’
- ‘She is a former congressional lawyer and now a government ethics expert at Washington University.’
- ‘Congressional defenders of the farm program take strong issue with this decision.’
2Relating to a formal meeting or series of meetings between delegates.‘the congressional agricultural committees’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.