A high boot with elastic sides.
- ‘It is used for gores and gussets in the manufacture of congress boots, and, without the rubber, would not be adapted to that use.’
- ‘The congress boot had elastic panels in place of laces and a tab in the rear and sometimes the front as well, to aid in pulling the boot on.’
- ‘Then he flicked the handkerchief lightly over his tight-fitting mouse-gray trousers and his shining congress boots.’
- ‘The black wool pants have gold leaf on the seams of the pants which are worn with the congress boots and gold spurs.’
- ‘In person he was tall, with a slight stoop to his shoulders, and he wore the conventional double-breasted black coat, which reached to his knees, and square-toed congress boots.’