One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Subsequently, the young defender was surrounded by congratulators, all in amber, but Arthur can't absolve himself of the fact that he could have done better there.’
- ‘I'm grateful for having so many congratulators.’
- ‘As much as they tried to find moments alone, it was impossible to avoid the droves of congratulators.’
- ‘Being such a self congratulator, I was ready to extend the celebrations for my coming of age across a whole weekend, even though the date in question was on the Monday after.’
- ‘The full-page miniatures that faced each other in the original foliation represent the arrival of the ‘congratulator’ sent by the Western king to the porphyrogenitos, as was recounted in the text a page earlier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.