Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A weakness of the heart that leads to a buildup of fluid in the lungs and surrounding body tissues.
- ‘This is the most frequent congenital heart disease causing congestive heart failure in infancy.’
- ‘Uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure, or kidney failure.’
- ‘What is the difference between congenital heart disease and congestive heart failure?’
- ‘This form is irreversible and leads to congestive heart failure.’
- ‘As such, researchers have looked to the potential of stem cells as a treatment for congestive heart failure and other heart disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.