One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was a veritable rash of young white guys, running confusedly around the electorate brandishing postcards.’
- ‘She was sighing over her hastily-unfolded tube map, looking confusedly at its contents.’
- ‘He blinked confusedly, stood up, pulled the grass out of his hair, straightened his tie and cleared his throat.’
- ‘I thought of the necessarily impersonal flurry of activity around the woman's window as she confusedly watched a now very small world go by.’
- ‘For example, if one places a compass on the ground, it spins confusedly without finding a set destination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.