One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of philosophical and ethical teachings founded by Confucius and developed by Mencius.
- ‘In the spiritual traditions of China, Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism, practices and disciplines for refinement of the spirit are common.’
- ‘A self-guiding tour includes three chapels for the religions of Taoism, Confucianism and Buddhism.’
- ‘Some Confucianists asserted that Confucianism was anti-mercantile.’
- ‘Nothing I understood about Confucianism had anything to do with these rituals.’
- ‘We can admire the moral order of Confucianism, or the stress on harmony with nature in Taoism, or the resignation of the Stoics, and wonder about progress.’
- ‘They have taken their religious themes and imagery from Shamanism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.’
- ‘Buddhism became one of the three major religions of China, along with Taoism and Confucianism.’
- ‘Even the vaguest promises for an after-life are withheld by Confucianism, illustrating the rigorously secular orientation of this philosophy.’
- ‘His personality cult has elements of animism, Confucianism and Christianity.’
- ‘Although mainly a philosophy, Confucianism, the dominant ideology in feudal China, played practically a religious role in Chinese people's life.’
- ‘Koreans have traditionally combined elements from different belief systems, such as Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.’
- ‘For Chinese religions, the focus is again on unity and diversity, and on the religious nature of Confucianism.’
- ‘Most Vietnamese practice the mutually compatible religions of Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism.’
- ‘The idea came from Buddhism rather than Confucianism, but for Confucians it implied no other-worldly quietism.’
- ‘However, they have also been influenced by the three major religions of China: Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism.’
- ‘There the number of converts from Confucianism and other Eastern religions to Christianity is growing rapidly, he explained.’
- ‘We have to substitute flexible Confucianism for orthodox Confucianism in order to cope with the rapidly changing global situation.’
- ‘Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.’
- ‘And that's the fundamental teaching of Confucianism, and that as I say, has had a very strong influence in Korea.’
- ‘So I looked at all Eastern philosophies, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, and I found that Buddhism has a very strong element of that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.