One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ‘confiscators’ had a terrible attitude and even called in security personnel to forcibly remove news photographers from the scene.’
- ‘Southern whites would visit their wrath on the Federal soldier who served as the ‘propagator of the most infamous and sanguinary doctrines, as an apostle of servile war, murder and outrage, as a confiscator and a robber.’’
- ‘Pius IX never forgave Piedmont, ‘the subalpine usurper’ and confiscator of his Temporal Power.’
- ‘I turned around to see the spiked jewelry confiscator.’
- ‘Save me from the militaristic patriotism-defining property confiscators!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.