Either of the extreme values of a confidence interval.
- ‘A confidence limit shows the robustness of the observed values.’
- ‘The confidence limit gives the 5th and 95th percentiles of the distribution of all realized inferences.’
- ‘Moreover, when considering 99% confidence regions instead of 95% confidence regions, some loci were no longer detected as outliers but rather as lying on the edges of the confidence limit.’
- ‘However, the lower confidence limit for sensitivity of the criteria was 89 percent, which has been considered too low to be acceptable for general use of the five criteria.’
- ‘To be conservative, the upper-bound confidence limit was estimated from the upper bound of the numerator and the lower bound of the denominator and the lower-bound confidence limit was estimated vice versa.’