Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large, steel-reinforced reusable container for shipping military cargo or, when modified, for use as temporary accommodations.‘they told us we'd be staying in luxury air-conditioned conexes’
- ‘I would tether an aerostat to a large heavy conex container in a secure base area like a battalion headquarters and headquarters company.’
- ‘It can easily be deployed in the unit supply conex.’
- ‘All these guys that was in these conex boxes were black.’
- ‘Time is of the essence when our military calls for Conex boxes whether it is for deployment or static storage.’
- ‘Across the sea of aluminum conex trailers at bases around Iraq, small orbs of communication are sprouting like foliage.’
Acronym from container express.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.