The probability of an event (A), given that another (B) has already occurred.
- ‘Single event probabilities, conditional probabilities (such as sensitivity and specificity), and relative risks are confusing because they make it difficult to understand what class of events a probability or percentage refers to’
- ‘For each condition, we multiplied the generation probability by the conditional probability of recognition to find the proportion of encoded items that were recognized in that condition.’
- ‘He even calculates the conditional probabilities of such a cluster occurring just by chance.’
- ‘The actual probabilities of those two conditional probabilities are identical in the Control Group.’
- ‘When one conditionalizes, one applies the initial conditional probabilities to determine final unconditional probabilities.’