One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of various tannins with antioxidant properties occurring naturally in plants, comprising polymers of flavonoids linked by a carbon-to-carbon bond.
- ‘Anthocyanins and condensed tannins are two of the major flavonoid classes in higher plants.’
- ‘Moreover, fertilized Quercus prinus saplings had lower concentrations of condensed tannins in their foliage.’
- ‘We removed the acetone by evaporation under reduced pressure and assayed the concentrated extracts for condensed tannins, hydrolyzable tannins, and foliar astringency.’
- ‘The phenolics in juniper are a mixture of simple phenolics, hydrolyzable tannins and condensed tannins.’
- ‘Light and an exogenous transcription factor qualitatively and quantitatively affect the biosynthetic pathway of condensed tannins in Lotus corniculatus leaves’
- ‘This health benefit comes from a puckery-tasting group of phenols called condensed tannins, which prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urinary tract.’
- ‘A proprietary French maritime pine bark extract, grape seed extract, condensed tannins, and complex flavonoids are a few of the compounds that make up this impressive lot.’
- ‘Molan et al reported that condensed tannin has an anticoccidial activity in goats naturally infected with mixed species of Eimeria.’
- ‘Hydrolyzable and condensed tannins were assayed separately.’
- ‘Defoliated plants had a significantly lower concentration of total phenolics and condensed tannins.’
- ‘Analysis of the results indicates that the condensed tannins found in certain pasture species, such as legume lotus, are responsible for the reduction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.