One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘First, the work - if it contains inspiration, glee, sorrow; if it is complex, actually provocative or disturbing - is not easily condensable to those three paragraphs allowed the script-reader.’
- ‘Methane acts much as water does on Earth, it's a condensable greenhouse gas, it's close to the temperature at which it forms a liquid on the surface.’
- ‘As shown in Table 1, the refractory lithophiles and siderophiles constitute about 1 per cent by mass of the total condensable material (rock + ices) in the solar nebula.’
- ‘But they also get booked because they're quick with the quote: they help to feed an omnivorous media machine hungry for thoughts condensable into a dozen words that will make one side or another angry.’
- ‘Each of these options may change the mass that would be counted as condensable particulate matter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.