One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing strong disapproval; censorious.‘condemnatory statements’
censorious, critical, damning, damnatory, condemning, censuring, castigatory, fault-finding, denunciatory, vituperative, witheringView synonyms
- ‘Their courage helped millions of people to be less condemnatory and more considerate.’
- ‘‘Their faces were white and they were very condemnatory of our lack of objectivity and fairness,’ Mr. Carter said.’
- ‘Nothing works them into a condemnatory lather more quickly.’
- ‘These references, however critical, are never wholly condemnatory.’
- ‘That's very sharp, and might even be seen by some as being condemnatory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.