Expressing strong disapproval; censorious.‘condemnatory statements’
- ‘That's very sharp, and might even be seen by some as being condemnatory.’
- ‘‘Their faces were white and they were very condemnatory of our lack of objectivity and fairness,’ Mr. Carter said.’
- ‘Nothing works them into a condemnatory lather more quickly.’
- ‘These references, however critical, are never wholly condemnatory.’
- ‘Their courage helped millions of people to be less condemnatory and more considerate.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.