One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Filled with sexual desire; lustful.‘concupiscent dreams’
lecherous, lascivious, lewd, libidinous, licentious, lubricious, salacious, goatishView synonyms
- ‘We are equally appalled by this man's behavior, but let me emphasize that he is no grasping, concupiscent villain.’
- ‘Or perhaps she imagined the luscious, brown-skinned fruit as a fitting image for a concupiscent black protagonist's narrative.’
- ‘Lapin continues, ‘The movie depicts the conspicuously Jewish parents as sexually obsessed, constantly concupiscent degenerates.’’
- ‘So it was a terrible step when he took the church in the wrong direction, when he adopted the idea that we are all originally tainted by concupiscent sexuality.’
- ‘You can become concupiscent, like someone in a singles bar who knows that however unlikely success may seem, at least the desired object is not married and off the market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.