Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Filled with sexual desire; lustful.‘concupiscent dreams’
- ‘So it was a terrible step when he took the church in the wrong direction, when he adopted the idea that we are all originally tainted by concupiscent sexuality.’
- ‘Lapin continues, ‘The movie depicts the conspicuously Jewish parents as sexually obsessed, constantly concupiscent degenerates.’’
- ‘We are equally appalled by this man's behavior, but let me emphasize that he is no grasping, concupiscent villain.’
- ‘You can become concupiscent, like someone in a singles bar who knows that however unlikely success may seem, at least the desired object is not married and off the market.’
- ‘Or perhaps she imagined the luscious, brown-skinned fruit as a fitting image for a concupiscent black protagonist's narrative.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.