One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Poetry in which the meaning or effect is conveyed partly or wholly by visual means, using patterns of words or letters and other typographical devices.
- ‘This genre intersects the literary avant-garde, visual and concrete poetry, text-based installations, net art, software art, and netspeak.’
- ‘He created a style of concrete poetry in which visual presentation of words on the page predominates.’
- ‘The single major exception to this regularity is a helical swirl of very short lines around the word ‘stairwell’, which approaches the direct mimesis of concrete poetry.’
- ‘The products are expansive and varied but the show cohesively focuses on avant-garde strategies of visual poetics and concrete poetry.’
- ‘He even begins to play with words, with phonemes, with letters, in the manner of concrete poetry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.