One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cultivated variety of fox grape, used to make wine, juice, and jellies.
- ‘For instance, we know that cranberries were most likely served at the first Thanksgiving, and that, along with the blueberry and the Concord grape, cranberries are a native North American crop.’
- ‘Unlike citrus, Concord grape was expected to be less tolerant of soil moisture and high temperatures but more tolerant of lower temperatures.’
- ‘You'll get a glassful of heart and brain benefits from either French red wine or American Concord grape juice.’
- ‘A special niche in New York is the production of sweet kosher wine from the Concord grape, as well as dry kosher table wines from other grape varieties.’
- ‘It had the roundness of a Concord grape Grandpa took off his vine and gave me to suck out of its skin and swallow whole, in Ohio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.