One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who acts as a mediator between two disputing people or groups.‘he was seen as a conciliator, who would heal divisions in the party’
peacemaker, mediator, negotiator, go-between, middleman, intermediary, moderator, broker, honest broker, intervenor, interceder, intercessor, reconciler, pacifier, appeaserView synonyms
- ‘I think Powell is a better mediator, conciliator.’
- ‘First, the PCC prefers to act as a conciliator rather than a judge.’
- ‘In Victoria, the battle pitted Turner, the working-class warrior, versus Beresford, the middle-class conciliator.’
- ‘It was a request for the adjudicator to take on another role, as conciliator or mediator to help the parties reach a settlement.’
- ‘They stressed that women are natural mediators and conciliators and, indeed, they must play that role because armed conflicts now impact women the most.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.