Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A belt decorated with conchas or representations of them.
- ‘Women's fashion belts come in exciting options, from concho belts to braided belts and macramé belts.’
- ‘The Porsche concho belts feature a sterling silver buckle with Porsche engraving, sterling silver Boxster or 911 Carrera conchos and a sterling silver tip.’
- ‘If you desire an authentic concho belt this is an excellent choice.’
- ‘This small scale ladies’ stamped concho belt measures just 5/8 inch wide; it is 30 inches long and closes with a hook.’
- ‘This concho belt is made with nickel silver so it won't tarnish and of course keeps the cost down.’
- ‘In that way, you could wear the complete concho belt when you wanted to make a very stylish statement.’
- ‘A large collection of designs by Cippy Crazy Horse, a renowned designer who is famous for his concho belts and double-cross necklaces.’
- ‘This hard to find concho belt by Thomas features 10 conchos each measuring 2 1/8’ by 2 3 / 4’.’
- ‘She has been smithing for over 17 years, and is known for her beautiful concho belts with wonderful, deep stamping.’
- ‘For whatever reason, De Yong's ideas were discarded, and Shane was clothed in a Wild West-style outfit complete with silver concho belt.’
- ‘Gale's most favored creations, using his vast spectrum of skills, are his concho belts.’
- ‘I was distracted by their beautiful costumes: soft animal skin boots, striking headpieces with eagle and parrot feathers, elaborate silver concho belts, turquoise squash blossom jewellery, and tinkling ankle bells.’
- ‘For many collectors, no one piece of Indian Jewelry is more highly prized than a beautiful, handmade concho belt.’
- ‘From time to time we may have concho belts by Gale Self available as well.’
- ‘He gave his lady the fancy concho belt Carson had selected.’
- ‘Concho belts are presented in the Indian jewelry of today in the classic leather belt as well as link concho belts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.