A large public building designed for the performance of concerts.
- ‘Within the building a concert hall can also be found where many performances occurred for various socialites.’
- ‘The earliest room in London designed as a public concert hall was in York Buildings, off the Strand.’
- ‘He is now one of the world's most respected conductors in the concert hall and in the opera house.’
- ‘The early months of 1931 were to be intensely busy ones for the young composer in the concert hall.’
- ‘The reviewer said this CD's sound captured a concert hall acoustic rather than studio and I agree.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.