One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large public building designed for the performance of concerts.
- ‘Within the building a concert hall can also be found where many performances occurred for various socialites.’
- ‘He is now one of the world's most respected conductors in the concert hall and in the opera house.’
- ‘The earliest room in London designed as a public concert hall was in York Buildings, off the Strand.’
- ‘The reviewer said this CD's sound captured a concert hall acoustic rather than studio and I agree.’
- ‘The early months of 1931 were to be intensely busy ones for the young composer in the concert hall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.