Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large public building designed for the performance of concerts.
- ‘The reviewer said this CD's sound captured a concert hall acoustic rather than studio and I agree.’
- ‘Within the building a concert hall can also be found where many performances occurred for various socialites.’
- ‘The early months of 1931 were to be intensely busy ones for the young composer in the concert hall.’
- ‘The earliest room in London designed as a public concert hall was in York Buildings, off the Strand.’
- ‘He is now one of the world's most respected conductors in the concert hall and in the opera house.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.