One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rock album featuring a cycle of songs expressing a particular theme or idea.
- ‘Well, forgive me for saying so, but you can skip the introductory tracks because the whole idea of a concept album alone is enough to kill anyone's high.’
- ‘Now, you may be wary of anything that sounds like it might be a concept album, rock opera or multimedia experience; and you would be right to be wary.’
- ‘It was a rock opera, and because it was a concept album it seemed to attract a lot of music people.’
- ‘So maybe it is an entire concept album about involuntary muscle twitches.’
- ‘Of course it's not a concept album per se, but it certainly carries a central theme; alienation, recourse to old ways and a general state of detachment.’
- ‘But still, he's prepared to admit this is more or less a concept album.’
- ‘The song's evocative imagery and fetching arrangement deserve a better concept album than the jumbled pastiche of Control.’
- ‘It is not a concept album, nor is it experimental.’
- ‘It's a really writerly idea, sort of the filmic equivalent of a concept album.’
- ‘This film is like a three-minute novelty record that has been turned into a triple-disc concept album.’
- ‘Young's new album is a loose concept album that has been describe as an ‘audio novel.’’
- ‘Touted as a concept album, or even as a punk rock opera, the album gets somewhat close to that mark.’
- ‘Great concept album, this one deserved double album status.’
- ‘The idea of a hip-hop concept album is a rather silly affair to propose.’
- ‘At the age of thirteen, I decided to record my own concept album.’
- ‘It goes without saying that this is a concept album, the theme being memories of past lives, and a murder mystery.’
- ‘It's a sleazy concept album about life as a rock & roll player.’
- ‘It's hard not to be curious when confronted with a concept album about witches.’
- ‘The only thing less palatable than a concept album is an annotated concept album that explicitly states each song's plot and theme.’
- ‘There is this theory that every record is a concept album.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.