One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many evolutionary biologists are satisfied with a very undemanding form of ability or capacity-namely conceivability.’
- ‘There was no universe, no sheer conceivability, merely absence of cognitive ability.’
- ‘Orr's criterion for possibility is conceivability.’
- ‘Descartes is indeed considering the view of possibility as conceivability, but in doing so he is merely acknowledging what ‘everyone commonly means’ by ‘possible’.’
- ‘Hence the conceivability of an autonomously operating rational soul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.