One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially as a direction) with the use of a mute.
- ‘I want the piece played con sordino from beginning to end.’
- ‘Instruments played con sordino fully fit this model too.’
- ‘I notice that the passage I quoted from the 3rd is marked (and played) con sordino.’
- ‘There are emotional crescendos for sure, but as a whole it's a very restrained and sophisticated little score with a lot of careful writing for solo woodwinds and piano, backed up by warm strings con sordino.’
- ‘He specifies that the timpani be played con sordino in a section of the piece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.