One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially as a direction) with the use of a mute.
- ‘Instruments played con sordino fully fit this model too.’
- ‘I want the piece played con sordino from beginning to end.’
- ‘He specifies that the timpani be played con sordino in a section of the piece.’
- ‘I notice that the passage I quoted from the 3rd is marked (and played) con sordino.’
- ‘There are emotional crescendos for sure, but as a whole it's a very restrained and sophisticated little score with a lot of careful writing for solo woodwinds and piano, backed up by warm strings con sordino.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.